Physical Characteristics of the Sativa Weed StrainThe sativa cannabis strain is found growing naturally in humid and tropical climates. It originates from Colombia, Mexico, Thailand and other southeast Asian countries. During the flowering period, sativas can take 10 to 16 weeks to fully mature. The sativa plants grow upwards and can reach a height of 20 feet making them taller than their india counterpart.
Sativa strains have a very pungent smell that can range from fruity, citrus and sweet to earthly, pine and peppery. The leaves are long and narrow and is best harvested for its fiber, seeds and oils. The sativa oils have many uses including industrial, nutritional and medicinal purposes.
Contents of the Sativa Cannabis StrainOnce marijuana and hemp plants mature, the sativa strain yields more than indica. It can produce three ounces to every one pound per usable flower of every plant. Sativa cannabis strains tend to be high in tetrahydrocannabinol or THC which is the psychoactive ingredient in marijuana. Sativa cannabis strains also tend to be low in cannabidiol or CBD which is the non-psychoactive ingredient in marijuana.
What Are Cannabinoids Found In Weed Stains?The cannabis plant is composed of hundreds of chemical compounds that create a unique harmony of effects, which is primarily led by cannabinoids. Cannabinoids like THC and CBD (the two most common) are the main drivers of cannabis’ therapeutic and recreational effects.
THC (tetrahydrocannabinol) makes us feel hungry and high, and relieves symptoms like pain, nausea, and more.
CBD (cannabidiol) is a non-intoxicating compound known to alleviate anxiety, pain, inflammation, and many other medical ailments.
The effects of any given cannabis strain depend on a number of different factors, including the product’s chemical profile, your unique biology, tolerance levels, dose, and consumption method. When you understand how these factors change the experience, you’ll have the best chance of finding that perfect strain for you.
The Benefits of Sativa Weed StrainsIt is not recommended that you choose a weed strain based of the effect(s) you are looking to experience. Each product within the sativa cannabis strain will contain its own chemical compound. It is best to make your purchase decision based on a strains chemical compound than it is to select one simply because it’s an indica or sativa.
With that said, here are the most common effects of choosing a sativa weed strain:
- a cerebral ‘high’ because of the typically high count of THC
- Uplifting & energetic making it great for social and recreational activities
- Focused & motivated making it a useful ally for artist and others on a creative endeavour
- Encourages deep conversations and is perfect for individuals who claim to be ‘woke’
Choosing A Cannabis Strain: Is A Sativa Strain Right For You?Cannabis contains dozens of different cannabinoids. It’s highly recommended that you start by familiarizing yourself with THC and CBD first. Instead of choosing a weed strain based on its indica or sativa classification, consider basing your selection on these three buckets instead:
1) THC-dominant cannabis strainsare primarily chosen by consumers seeking a potent euphoric experience. These strains are also selected by patients treating pain, depression, anxiety, insomnia, and more. If you tend to feel anxious with THC-dominant strains or dislike other side effects associated with THC, try a strain with higher levels of CBD.
2) CBD-dominant cannabis strainscontain only small amounts of THC and are widely used by those highly sensitive to THC or patients needing clear-headed symptom relief.
3) Hybrid (a balanced THC/CBD cannabisstrains contain similar levels of THC and CBD, offering mild euphoria alongside symptom relief. These tend to be a good choice for novice consumers seeking an introduction to cannabis’ signature high.
Why I Buy Sativa Cannabis StrainPersonally, I love to puff on a sativa cannabis strain simply because it provides all the effects that I enjoy without slowing me down for the day. In fact, most sativas that I have used allows me to remain highly energetic, focus (for work) and creative (which also helps at work). However, it’s important to know the rules of your workplace before lighting up. Most employers prohibits the use of any drugs (including marijuana) while on the job.
Got Weed Online is a mail order marijuana dispensary in Canada. We provide medium to high quality cannabis products that include sativa, indica and hybrid. Shop our selection of sativas today.